The skin underneath the eye is very thin and, therefore, blood vessels are much more visible. These blood vessels cause dark shadows underneath the eye which gives the effect of sunken looking eyes. This is caused by aging and heredity.
Tips for getting rid of these dark circles under your eyes are:
- Get enough sleep. Sleep deprivation makes under eye dark circles more obvious
- Apply black tea bag or cold compress;this can reduce blood vessel dilations.
- Wear large sunglasses. Protecting the eyes from the sun can decrease pigmentation
- Do not rub the area around the eyes. It will only make the condition worse.
- Sleep elevated. This helps prevent fluids from draining toward the eyes.