1. Mash the avocado with a fork until creamy. Avocados naturally contain a deep penetrating vegetable oil that is perfect for dry skin care. Maybe the most important element of avocado is that it is a good source of potassium, which is known as the youth mineral, so whether you are eating avocados or making a face mask, they can help your skin maintain its healthy and beautiful glow.
2. Add 1 tbsp. of all natural honey to the avocado mash. Honey has the ability to kill germs on the skin and can reduce swelling and inflammation, giving the skin a taught and youthful appearance.
3. Stir in the natural yogurt. Yogurt is a natural and gentle cleanser and is used in many skin care products. Yogurt also contains lactic acid, which soothes and softens the skin while tightening wrinkles and refining pores.
4. Peel and slice two pieces of cucumber to place over your eyes. With natural gentle astringent properties, cucumber is the perfect addition to your avocado face mask, as it cleans, nourishes, hydrates and helps reduce circles underneath the eyes.
5. Wash your face gently with warm water and pat dry. Apply a thin layer of the avocado face mask to your face and neck. Place the cucumber slices over your eyes and relax. Allow the mask to set for at least 15 minutes before rinsing thoroughly with warm water, and again, patting dry.
This mask combines avocados, which are rich in Vitamin E, with carrots, which are high in beta-carotene and antioxidants, and cream, which is high in calcium and protein. These ingredients will rebuild skin collagen, improve tone and texture, and fade age spots.
1 avocado, mashed
1 carrot, cooked and mashed
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 egg, beaten
3 tablespoons honey
Combine all ingredients in a bowl until smooth. Spread gently over your face and neck, and leave in place 10-15 minutes. Rinse with cool water and follow with your favorite toner.
Four solutions to make your hair shiny, just like after leaving the hairdresser!
1. Heat half a cup of olive oil, leave it on your hair for 15 minutes, then rinse.
2. Mix baking soda in with your shampoo.
3. Shampoo, then rinse your hair with beer. It really works!
4. Brew some coffee and let it cool, then apply to dry hair and leave for 20 mins. Rinse with warm water.
Carrots and beauty tips
Two ideas for making your hair less oily.
1. Boil and mash up some carrots, leave on your hair for 15 minutes.
2. Here’s an old favorite – dishwasher detergent.
Massaging your hair with mayonnaise, olive oil or almond oil will add moisture back. Leave it on for 10 minutes then wash it as usual.
Garlic is known for its anti bacterial properties and makes an excellent acne treatment. Press some garlic into a paste and leave it on your acne and pimples for 15 minutes then rinse off. Another solution is mashed-up honey and apple, applied individually to pimples. Also, try dabbing some tea tree oil on the pimple to dry it out and kill any bacteria.
There are some excellent natural facemask treatments for acne. Try applying a layer of ripe tomato pulp, cooked oatmeal or egg yolk to your face and letting it dry.
Finally, fruits are natural acid exfoliants and can help to get rid of your acne scars. Applying a puree of pineapple for 15 minutes will both freshen you up and reduce the impact of acne marks. Another great solution is lemon juice, but be careful as it can make your skin more sensitive to sunlight.